- First Name Maya
- Surname Majzoub
- Country of Origin Lebanon
- Country of Residence Lebanon
Maya Majzoub is a broadcast journalist and a University Instructor. She teaches Media Studies and communication at the Lebanese American University LAU - Communication Arts Department, and is the founder of the "Rally Against Apartheid: Resisting Occupation in Cyberspace" (التجمع المناهض للفصل العنصري: مقاومة الاحتلال في الفضاء الإلكتروني") educational initiative co-organized with the Institute of Media Research and Training at the Lebanese American University. She holds a Master of Arts (MA) degree in Media Studies from the American University of Beirut – where she graduated with distinction. She produced, directed, researched, and wrote the "تلفزيون وائع" film (Fallen Television), which won her the "Kamel Mrowa Award in Media Studies" in 2015. The film was announced as an international academic reference for media students by AREACORE (The Arab-European Association for Media and Communication Researchers). In 2018, she produced the "الغرافيتي وثقافة الاشتباك" film (Graffiti and the Culture of Resistance). In that year, she was also a main anchor on The Insider Arabia show in Dubai TV. In years 2016 - 2018, she hosted and produced 2 seasons of the socio-political youth talk-show "شارعنا" (Shere3na) on Tele Liban channel. She has years of experience as a content creator and producer, researcher, and screen-writer of several Television programs in Al Jadeed TV; such as "Top Ten: Lebanese Culture", Chi.N.N political satire, and "للنشر". She published various articles in Assafir Newspaper (جريدة السفير) in its media-critique page "صوت وصورة", and the creative-writing page "شباب السفير". She is also a freelance writer in Al Adab magazine (مجلة الآداب). In 2010, she was the founder and Director of Haigazian University's "Women's Empowerment Society" (نادي تمكين المرأة), where she was awarded Haigazian University graduates' honorary shield titled: "In appreciation of your outstanding contribution that made a difference to the life of the University Culture". Her work mainly focuses on media as a resistance discourse to counter hegemonic ideologies and political-economic power structures.
* تلفزيون وائع (Fallen Television):
- Won the "Kamel Mrowa Award in Media Studies"
- Was announced as an academic reference for international media students by "The Arab-European Association for Media and Communication Researchers" (AREACORE), and added to their "International Media Systems" course.
- فيلم الغرافيتي وثقافة الاشتباك * (Graffiti and the Culture of Resistance)
- AREACORE (the Arab-European Association for Media and Communication Researchers) announced Fallen Television as an international academic reference for media students
- Haigazian's University Graduate's Honorary Award
- "Kamel Mrowa Award in Media Studies"
Position / Profession
- Education level Masters in Media Studies from the American University of Beirut
- Years of experience 8 years
In the media